top of page


Our coordinators Caleb and Georgia were on the beach early this morning (we call them our Piping Plover Rapid Response Team, PPRRT) to fix the perimeter fencing. Don Kennedy alerted Andrea from Birds Canada this morning that the fencing had been taken down by high wind and water.

Upon arrival, the fencing that had been nearest the water was approximately 20 feet into the lake, and many of the signs had gone missing. Caleb and Georgia, as well as Lindsey from Birds Canada worked tirelessly for two and a half hours getting all the fencing and signage back up.

Both Nancy and Bo were observed to still be present, and an incubation switch was seen by Lindsey after the fencing went up. This was a huge success overall, especially when you consider how bad it could have been if the birds had nested somewhere with less protection.

See you tomorrow!

9 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

No eggs yet!

Hello everyone! It has been a couple days since the last update, we were holding off from updating until we had chicks, which we were expecting to be Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. We are now on Thursd

Another Plover?

It has been a rather interesting couple of days here at Sauble Beach. Caleb and Georgia were out yesterday morning to move the perimeter fencing back to where it should be. It had been moved closer to

Rain, Rain, Rain...

If you have looked at the weather forecast recently you will know that we are looking at a week or so of straight rain. This is not necessarily bad news though as it will give Nancy and Bo a break fro


bottom of page